Friday, January 3, 2014

Why get off te couch?

In this case I didn't. here is an easy and quick finished knitted project. Fetching is a lovely little pattern which is quite quick. If I knit this again (for myself in particular) it will have to a be a lot smaller and i did not like that picot edging around the palm. 

The next 2 mile race is tomorrow.  I've just finished The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance by David Epstein and guess i will continue training even though I didn't grow up at 7,000 feet running 6 miles each way to school nor have a genetic variation which gives me an EPO-like effect of more hemoglobin or do I have 10,000 hours spent on an activity (yet). I'm not tall enough (or too tall), my eyesight is not perfect and the biggest handicap of all is that I'm female.

A very interesting book and has me wondering what needs to change for me (deeply me - the gene level me) to run best. Oh wait, maybe I would've been better as a skier or a ____? Fill in the blank and read the book yourself! 

No comments: