Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weekend Spectacular

A frosty morning. K went off to ride at a group trainer class and i needed a run but with no car that dictates a run from home.  As I left, i was just seeing some pretty clouds painted by sunrise and realized i'd be going by the new Maple Leaf Reservoir Park just at sunrise. There were quite a few other people out admiring the view as you can see by their shadows over the frosted grass. I waited and waited for the sun to hit Mount Rainier but the way the sun peeks over the Cascades right now meant i was waiting too long and got chilled. Another lap of the park and yes, that's better. I happily trotted along pleased I'd caught that one right. We've also been having very persistent hummingbirds at our feeder.  This is a female Anna's Hummingbird sitting still long enough for me to get a photo using my iphone and binoculars.



No comments: