Saturday, November 2, 2013

Welcome to November!

Angeline Stairs, Seattle
November equals winter storms with major wind events and the first weekend of November did not disappoint.  It was a very easy short road run this morning and the wind was so strong that I felt like I was getting a strength/resistance workout at times.  It was really gorgeous though.  Lake Washington had white caps and WAVES in it.  Add in the dramatic and quickly changing clouds, swirling colorful fall leaves and the trees with their remaining fall colors and I had a blast.  

PLUS, I knew on this easy out and back course from Seward Park that we would pass by a couple more Seattle Stairways.  No I cannot resist and I talked a friend into exploring them with me.  Pictured are the Angeline Street Stairs just one block off of Lake Washington Boulevard.  They are rather dramatic with laurel hedges and more visible stairs up the hill.  

More Stairs! Photo by TR
We came back down (well first up from Lakewood Park) the Ferdinand Street Stairs and Walkway. It's that time of year where all the leaves are down suddenly and it pays to be careful on the slick leaves that hide potholes and stairs. And it wasn't windy in this sheltered area. Thanks to TR for joining me and taking a photo too.  

Day 77

No comments: