Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Find the work

That was the bit of wisdom in this morning's barre class. And even after years of doing weight training, this class is helping me figure out engaging my muscles when specifically trying to work them.  Sounds dumb right? Evidently this wasn't something I quite understood when doing strength work. Oh you contract the muscle when you lift and hold and slowly release. Barre uses little movements to target the muscles and you hold it and engage for a longer period of time. I have been finding the work and I'm curious as to whether I'll notice the difference in running. I think yes!

Meanwhile it is dark. All the lights are going up downtown. This always makes me happy.

1 comment:

xsfgirl said...

I love barre.
I'm never going to be great at it but I feel good after the torture session.
it's all about long term body maintenance.