Saturday, August 16, 2014

Back to Barre3 & the Zoo

No, they are not related but it has been a while since I've been to either. 

Either the legs were still a bit tired from the trail race or I need to remember to continue leg strength work. Or both. I was pleased to find the return to a barre class not that bad. Oh it was a great workout and I can feel it but I felt strong throughout except the legs were a bit tired. 

My work held a summer picnic for employees at the Woodland Park Zoo just a few miles from us. It was a lot of fun and we had a nice dinner with drinks included and then a chance to have 3 "animal encounters" plus we could wander through the zoo. 
One of the animal encounters involved a spectacled owl. He was stunning to look at and the handler/zoo keeper was great to talk to. I've seen an owl before while running early in the morning. yes they can be territorial at times but nothing to fear generally. We then wandered through the trails and saw the wolves. It was a very peaceful evening and quite enjoyable.

No comments: