Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Giant Yacht on Run Commute

This is moored right now in Lake Union. I think they were getting deliveries from various trucks and are in the process of provisioning. Seriously, this yacht is so big it just stopped me in my tracks. There were various workers out and about on the decks too. 

It's a crazy week at work and it is messing with my run schedule. I had to be into work very early today (and the next couple days) but still wanted to hit my planned mileage. So a double it is. I got up the same early time and ran an easy 3 miles and got into work an hour early. 

I wanted 10 miles total and the most direct (steepest) way home is just over 7 miles but I hate that route so I opted for the slightly easier but longer way home. And the miles caught up to me. I was getting very tired and hungry. 

So, for another first, I opted to hop on a bus the last 1.5 miles home. If I had been feeling good, I would've run that however slowly and been fine. I was done and I had options so I took them.  I figured this is also good training for Ragnar as well. I haven't done too many doubles of late and it's helpful to get runs in at different times of the day.  I am really looking forward to my planned rest day tomorrow. 

No comments: