Friday, October 4, 2013

The Dark

And already we are here at that time when it is dark when i run in the morning.  If i wanted to run in daylight, i could run in the evening.  I am very much a morning runner though and even how difficult it is to do speedwork in the dark does not get me out running after work.  I'd had random flashlights but have found the flashlight pictured (a Fenix L2D) works really well.  It's quite bright, easy to carry and even has a secondary brighter light if necessary.  It's a bit heavier than some out there and I had to switch out the useless lanyard but it's held up to almost daily winter use for a few years. And yes i've dropped it, run in the rain with it and it has been reliable.  About the only downside is that it is a bit heavy if doing speedwork and sometimes it is too bright.  I've had people complain if i accidentally flash someone in the eyes.  

 

No comments: