Sunday, November 16, 2014

Recovery

I ran a marathon and then the weather changed. I love it when resting and recovering coincides with horrible weather! It was great sleeping in, baking and relaxing. I took 4 days off of running and was very happy that I felt great overall.  

I planned on two very easy weeks hoping that I could resume more typical run schedule and higher mileage as now I'm one month from a 50k! I've not really run hills at all the past months as I tried to stick to flatter road courses to better match the goal marathon course and because very steep hills had still bothered my knee even a few months ago. It was back to the trails the past two weekends. I think it'll come back quickly but it has been a bit of a shock. Oh yeah! Quads needed for those downhills!              

No comments: