Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ramp it up...

Here we go.  Eugene is not that far away.  I refuse to count how many weeks because that will alarm me.  It's close and therefore my miles are going up and I'm enjoying that.  The workouts have been challenging and I'm mostly hitting them.  That's a big change.  Before, I'd always hit them no problem. 

What has been even more challenging is the weather. Snow and ice and freezing cold temps.  I still can get the miles in as long as it isn't icy downtown but it sure isn't fun.  I have spent quite a few workouts this week wondering if I'm hardcore or crazy.  Yes. That is usually the answer I come up with by the end of the workout. 

And last weekend we redid our tub surround.  Try fitting in two workouts a day without a shower.  Yeah.  That won't happen.  Fortunately we were able to use our neighbors' shower as they were out of town and we cat sit for them.  This weekend I finished final caulking and painting and it looks like we have a new bathroom.  Love it! 

And after all the running and house projects this weekend, i thought I better spend some time sitting too.  So I knit a cat toy for the neighbors' cats.  The pattern is from Clara Parkes "the Knitter's book of Yarn" and it was a quick and easy knit which took about 3 hours.  It does have the toe of a sock stuffed with catnip in there as well.

I made sure it was cat approved.  York and Keswick think it is pretty interesting.  They will have their own soon.