Sunday, January 3, 2016

Ready for 2016!

I don't really feel like 2015 is quite done yet. In a couple weeks, i'll have a better idea of what I'd like to focus on in 2016. Regardless, I'll be taking some easy weeks. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and be really awful. I'll happily sleep in and sit on the couch.

Run total: 1760 miles.
This is pretty typical for me and about what I've run for the past few years. Consistency is something that is good so I will take it! I had many weeks of low miles because of plantar fasciitis as well. Fortunately that issue has been resolved. I do know it is something that I will always have to monitor.
  • Arch support is a requirement for my feet. I don't believe i need custom orthotics but i do need a bit more arch support than most standard over the counter orthotics. I can't do the rigid plastic orthotics so must find a softer insert and then add onto the arch. It's worked! 
  • I thought I never would be able to wear racing flats again (or cute unuspportive shoes) but have found that a stick on arch gel will work for faster paces so i only use these for a run once a week. 
  • Keep those glutes working and keep the calves loose! 
I ran in 12 events and DNF (did not finish) one event. Most of those were just fun training runs but I was very pleased to run well in a couple goal events. That included the Star wars rebel challenge (10k and half) and Ragnar Northwest Passage as an ultra team.  Both were really fun and challenging and I hope to do both events again!

We ended the year with Star Wars VII and sunny cold weather. Both were most appreciated! 




No comments: