Sunday, November 18, 2012

Reboot

Did Not Finish.

Those are hard. I think this one was even harder because it hadn't even crossed my mind that I'd not finish.  I hadn't even though of it as an option.  And yet, at mile 13.75, it was the right thing to do.

So then what?  I went through the thoughts of I am never running again.

Really?  You love running. It makes you relaxed and happy most every day of the week and lets you do super fun things including keeping you fit for walking and gardening.  And now we've watched the East Coast get pounded with Hurricane Sandy and we've seen the drama of the 2012 Election and thinking about this more, it sure is a privilege being able to run daily and in fun events all over the country.

That doesn't mean I won't be trying again and soon.  It just means I needed a bit of time to think about it all.  I took 4 days off from all activity besides a super cool walk in a national monument.  It was the right thing to do.  I needed to want to run again and it took that much time. 

The super cool National Monument? I highly recommend going to the Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument just north of Albuquerque if you ever get a chance. It's a new-ish designation and not a lot of ammenities.  No matter as the scenery more than makes up for it! 

No comments: