Friday, September 10, 2010

But wait there's more...

Instead of groussing with Seattle about the first big storm with rain at the end of August (!), I snuck off to San Diego for fun in the sun at the Mason Boys Summer Resort.  And it really was a wonderful vacation with a trip to the San Diego Wild Animal Park or was that the Escondido Safari Experience?  No matter.  I saw a lion and a giraffe and wild boys playing in water and it was a idyllic, relaxing day.  If you go, pay the three bucks for the lorikeet nectar.  You won't regret it. 

I went to the beach, had In-n-Out, got a pedicure and had fun with my favorite kindergartener and preschooler.  The pork belly tacos at El Take it Easy are worth going for at any time but especially on the 30th on 30th

I even tried my first hill repeat workout on Upas Street by Morely Field Sports Complex the morning after having many margaritas.  ah.  that's living.

There are definitely things which remind me of Southern California and make me wistful. 
  • The sound of crickets in the evening.
  • The smell of eucalyptus trees especially when they area is being watered.
  • Flowering bougainvilleas and oleanders. 
I can't wait to go back but it is never soon enough to see those Mason boys.

2 comments:

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Love San Diego. I think more than Seattle now. If that is possible for me. I guess so though. I will have try the Taco's on my next weekend getaway there. BTW - I know what you mean with all of your noted smells in the air. No where else seems to have them together in such great abundance.

Enniferjay said...

I bet there's some smells you don't miss around the Mason boys. Come back soon--they're growing up fast.